Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Small Place of Contentment

God is changing something inside me. I can't quite articulate what it is yet. But I can feel Him at work. The world doesn't look quite the way it did a few weeks ago. Nothing like the sky turning orange or anything. Maybe there's a slight increase in optimism. Or perhaps a greater sense that God hears me and will answer, despite my anemic relationship with Him. I pray more. It's still difficult to pray these days, but I do.

This thing, this change . . . well, it's almost not noticeable enough to warrant mention. But I want to praise Him. That's something I haven't done for a long time. Oh, it's not an arm-waving, body-swaying, eyes closed, tears streaming praise. (I don't do that anyway.) It's more like a quiet thank you inside me. A small place of contentment. And I'm grateful for that. Thank You God. amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear. I find prayer does keep me focussed and when I fall away from it for a little bit, God seems more remote and less likely. I rely on the BCP a lot, especially for expressions of praise. I would be tongue-tied otherwise.

Bar L. said...

Wow, this encouraged me. Thanks for sharing it. I'm reading you, bro, just not full of comments these days.

Lyric said...

How encouraging, Gary.

Change, no matter big or small, is something to be grateful for...

Often, subtle changes are those happening in the depths of one's soul.

You're in my prayers.

Gary Means said...

Mariam, prayer is hard for me these days. I'm not quite sure why. I think it's an issue of trust.

Barbara, thanks for the comment. I know how things are for you these days.

Lyric, yes, I chose to celebrate the small things. Thanks for your prayers.