Monday, October 15, 2007

Thoughts; October 15, 2007

When I started this new blog I had one primary objective: to plant a stake in the ground, stating that I intend to seek God, and then to actually seek Him. I wanted to get beyond the doctrines and practices which had become a substitute for actually being with Him.

I'm not sure how much progress I've made toward my goal, but I do know that something has changed. I feel more encouraged than I have in a long time. I feel more hope. I've taken lots of little tiny steps, small choices. Of course, I've made far more choices to continue the inertia, the selfishness, the escapism, etc. But I'm not concerned. I see God working in this.

I "hear" Him calling me to consider a couple new things geared toward a tighter relationship with Him. We'll see what happens.

I also intended this blog to be almost an online journal of this journey. I'd like to see that change. My posting and my subject matter have been a bit inconsistent. as I said a few sentences ago, we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

I'm staying tuned to see what happens next.