Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thoughts; October 16, 2007

Today is a starting out to be a good day. I arrived at the office at 5:30. I began clearly out several piles of paper that need to be shredded. I made long-term and short-term to do lists and posted them on my white board.

It strikes me as a bit strange that I've been at this job for about 4 1/2 months, and at times I already feel like I am sleep-walking. I guess it shouldn't surprise me. That approach was rewarded at my last job. But here I have been hired to be a dynamic leader, to actively shared in direction-setting tasks, to be an integral part of the team, not a passive follower.

The same is true regarding my faith. I am called to LIVE, to be a positive influence in the lives that I touch. I am not called to be passive there either.

One factor in today's journey is my innate energy level. Until I start the next phase of hormone replacement therapy, I will have little stamina. So I guess I just do what I can. Between coffee, willpower, and prayer I can make it.

One last thought; part of what is driving this desire to be more active, more proactive, is a fear that I will "fail" otherwise. (Hmmm, what does fail mean? In some areas the answer is almost clear.) I'm concerned about that as a motivator, but I don't have to let that be the dominant motivator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whata is the hormone replacement therapy for, or is that a gauche and personal question?